23 September 2005

When are Stem Cells ok to Use?

I guess I am a little ignorant about the whole moral dilemma of using stem cells. It seems to me that all kinds of great research happens, and there are many positive results that come from the research.

A recent article shows that human stem cells help to repair severed spinal cords in mice. If this can be done, then why all the fuss?

I really believe that something of monumental proportions such as this needs to be considered as morally "good". Two people do not need to conceive a child in order to obtain stem cells, and no one is going to die trying to get them.

I am a Republican, and a Christian. My belief is that fear in this case is stifling a major breakthrough. Religious zealots back in the day didn't want to admit the Earth was round. We forgot most of their names, but we remember Galileo and Aristotle. My final conclusion is when history is recorded, some will have a sinister label and regarded as religiously backward. However; I think people who believe in God should be at the forefront of technology and progress. The Earth, and all living creatures were given to us and entrusted to our care so why not use what we have to it's full potential?

4 Comments:

At Saturday, 24 September, 2005, Blogger mugg said...

here, here.

 
At Sunday, 25 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan! Grammy & I are together today and we are reading your Blog. We expect any day that you will be on TV with your views and commentary. We miss you and hope all is well. You are probably safer there than in the good old USA with all of the huuricane activity. Hope to see you soon-Xmas still? Love and Prayers! XOXOXO
Grammy and Aunt Nance

 
At Sunday, 25 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

 
At Monday, 10 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an insult to say that I,Chimper P. Hogan,is not alive and well living with our Uncle Cliff Hogan in good ole Kenton Ohio.I'm really hurt man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home