29 August 2005

Banished to the Desert

I do believe that watch of mine has slowed way down

Which tied my time in knots weaved all together and around

Well it’s the same day here it was about a week ago

And if I didn’t ask around I probably wouldn’t know

The heat echoes through the camp like an old war drum

Medicating souls and mocking what is already numb

We’re trapped up in a little universe and wrapped up in a wall

Like a discontented squad of angels banished in the fall

We got two dogs but they don’t bark or play or run

There’re just victims of the time while our job is still undone

I guess I’ll just lay around like a tired old dog…..

Lick the wounds that I don’t have and take another nap

1 Comments:

At Saturday, 15 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always were a poetic little booger who loved to rhyme, and now you have come out of the closet. Congratulations, and nice poem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home