15 August 2005

Treat it Like a Rorschach Test



These pictures were taken by a soldier in Ramadi last month. One of my coworkers then gave the pictures to me.
Something interesting to note is what comes to your mind as soon as you see the picture of the snake biting the fence. For me two things came to mind.
Very dramatic flashbacks of a couple of ex-girfriends danced about in my head momentarily when it struck me. This photo makes me resent my parents. Although I had a very good upbringing, neither my mother, nor my father ever instructed me not to eat electric fences. I honestly feel short changed. It hasn't happened yet, but what if hunger drove me to consume metal wire pulsing with high amounts of voltage and current.
Furthermore, in my opinion, the manufacturers of the fence should have made a warning label that could also have been understood by snakes. THE SNAKE IS A VICTIM!! Somebody contact the ACLU please... I don't have their phone number.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, 17 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooo. a snake. i want to pet it.

 
At Thursday, 18 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ryan! i cannot believe the snake that i saw when i was reading your blog ... it was huge!!!! i would have like passed out it i would have seen something that big!! well ne ways what was the whole thing about someone writing something unappropriat in ur blog? and something about not wanting to hur t the ladies? haha well any ways i havent talked to u on AIM that much lately... i guess it might b becase your pretty busy or something but yeah ... and u need to email me when u get a chance.. i have a few pics that i want to send to u . Any ways im going back to school in 2 weeks! well less then that .. now its like 12 days!!! i cant believe it! HIGH SCHOOL ahhh lol well yeah i think ill do alrite.. atleast i hope i will... but yeah okay so i hope u get this! and email me or something asap :) NICE BLOG! i love it haha

<3 your sister,
ShAE AnDrE.... i miss u ryan!

 
At Saturday, 15 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I bet my dad would have jokingly told me he would give me a dollar to chew on an electric fence...he likes to do that with the worst stuff to see if we're dumb enough to take the bait. I have come to know that when dad talks about anthing that looks like a bad situation, one must automatically do the opposite of whatever he suggests.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home