03 August 2005

Western Ideals Don't Belong to Just Westerners Anymore

Massive Afghan Weapons Cache Discovered
Click on the link above to read the FoxNews article about disrupting elections in Afghanistan

Muslim extremists are no longer targeting only imposing Westerners for their governments and morals. They are now also targeting sovereign nations struggling to become democracies who have embraced new morals.

There are those who have been a long time claiming that America and other Western Nations forcibly impose their way of life where it is unwanted. They will then use this claim as the reason why terrorists commit atrocities.

Iraq and Afghanistan obviously have some seriously disgruntled people within their borders; however, both countries have decided to govern their people by democratic rule. Maybe now we should all follow the argument of the illogical "free thinkers, and the professors who taught them to think freely", and blame the insurgency on the new democratic governments of the Middle East. After all, they are giving new rights to women, they quit torturing people, set up justice systems to uphold the law, they are rebuilding public infrastructure, and generally starting to govern for the purpose of the people. It really sounds as if these terrorists have a noble cause, right?

"The only problem is, ever since I got on the hate big bad America bandwagon I'm having a little trouble figuring out the logic behind who is to blame, and I really can't remember what it is that we are supposed have endowed to us by some Creator... or something like that. Actually, I kind of feel like I have forgotten an awful lot of important things. As a matter of fact, I have absolutely no idea how it came to be that I was born in a free nation, and to top it all off I think I'll start blaming my own heritage for the rest of the world's problems, that way everyone will know how smart I've become. I'm glad my bad ideas make sense to me, otherwise I might have to actually think about what it means to be an American. If I thought about that too long, a tear might come to my eye, but I'm way too tough for that too." -- Joe "free thinker"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home