28 August 2005

I Watched "The Notebook".… Now I’m Gonna Steal Your Girl?


I like to think of myself as an emotionally hardened individual in a certain sense. Not that I am without emotion, but rather as someone who is not guided by them. I do not want to be the type of person who sways to and fro constantly tossed about by the hidden things of my mind, and luckily I am definitely not that type of person.

There are however a few things that turn me into a whimpering pansy, and I am not afraid to admit it. I do believe I have made enough mistakes to stop crying about those. I will probably make many more, but I do have the assurance through past experience that life goes on, and things always have a way of working themselves out.

Soldiers dying in the line of duty is another thing I find hard to bear both in movies and real life. To me it seems their lives have been stolen by the senseless endeavors of humanity. Regardless of which country, religion, idea, or ruler is to blame one thing is for sure; the human race has not learned and probably never will learn the disgusting nature of what it is they harbor in their hearts. What is it that drives us and conquers our souls so that we slaughter each other without relent? It is this hidden thing within us that makes war a necessity. When one war ends, another begins on a different battlefield. War lives in everyone’s mind whether it’s a personal memory, a history book, or a movie. We all have put ourselves there one way or another and we will never stop going there until every last person on Earth has had a love or a friendship severed untimely by the monster of war.

Every once in great while (we’re talking vast expanses of time and space), a movie creeps up, grabs me in the back of the throat, and squeezes a couple of itty bitty tears drops out of my burly ego. I’ll have to say that other than the fact that the Notebook was a great movie, the only other good thing about me watching it was that I was alone. There were a couple of times I honestly felt like a softy schoolgirl that saw a dead bunny for the first time.

The truth that I found in this movie is that love is everlasting. Many times we think that we can walk away from love, but it haunts you. It tries to relive itself, and it is not put to sleep easily. The worst type of lost love is through death, and it cannot be healed totally. It forces people to deal with reality, and everyone will face it. The other type of lost love is romantic, and there is a solution if you are willing to find it. I am convinced the only way to make a sour love fade is to find something better. Some people may know this to be true, others may think it’s just crap in a girly movie, and some of you reading this may think I’m just a girly man. But I know because I loved and walked away. It’s not easy to come by again, and it doesn’t seem to work in different settings with different people, but like I said, there is always something better. So for all you guys (you know who you are), that walked out on marriage material, or vice versa stop whining and find something better. Oh and by the way, you better hope your girl ain’t the one for me cause I’m gonna nab her and introduce her to mamma.

Schroeder, you got that one girl’s email address, and phone number?… she’s looks like a real nice girl….Kathleen is it? The one in the middle.... I just love the big smile, and the life in her eyes.... plus I have a better last name and she would prolly like my family better because they all have the Hogan coolness.... It's a certain strand of DNA not many people have.... anyways she's hot and your not dog..... hehehehe ohhhh ahahahaha woooooooooooo



6 Comments:

At Sunday, 28 August, 2005, Blogger mugg said...

i dont know to *deprive you of your vigor or give you a silver star for hilarity.

 
At Monday, 29 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nobody lays a finger on my butterfinger.

 
At Monday, 29 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Those can't be Iraqi women?
That looks like some good old,
high quality "Made In the USA" prime choice. Is that available over there?

hehehehe ohhhh ahahahaha wooooooooo

 
At Monday, 29 August, 2005, Blogger rhoggman said...

don't hide little bunny foo foo... unviel yourself... or should i call you butterball... maybe then you'l know i know you... and for the butcher... don't butcher the girl... she might be nade in the USA, but she ain't meat... she's a soldier... so put away your pride and say your sorry.

 
At Wednesday, 12 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty soldiers at that!!!!! Please meet a lovely,intelligent, warm furry woman and brig her home to mamma......out of that stinky sweatbox......I'd love to be a nana or grammy....... LOVE YOU

 
At Friday, 14 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a lovely little story about a closet girlyman. I always knew you had it in you ryan...I read this one to my roommate, she thought it was so sweet. I just thought it was funny. Mostly because I now think you are a wuss, and I have evidence to prove it. haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home