09 November 2007

Ron Paul Crazy or Brave?

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=3839318&page=1

I love it when politicians and important people get tough questions. When they trivialize complex issues with statements like, "inflation only causes prices from imported goods to go up", I want to scream.
I do not consider myself a radical, nor do I consider Ron Paul a radical. What I think is radical is the Chairmen of the Fed answering a question like he is talking to a bunch of third graders on a playground. I'm no expert, but I'm no idiot either.
Many politicians do this. We all see it. They dodge, duck, and run away hiding their face. Everyone knows Bernanke is a smart guy. Everyone knows Greenspan was a smart guy. Why couldn't Greenspan answer the question, "Do you think we really need a Federal Reserve"?
This is not a conspiracy against the American people.... it is actually happening. It doesn't happen in the secret, in as much as we know rates and monetary supply change, it happens in the open.
Bankers know it, investors know it, THE CHINESE KNOW IT, why the hell can't people sitting in front of their TV's figure it out?
If the Chinese sell off our treasury bills (1.3 trillion), and diversify like they said they would yesterday how do you think investors in America will react?
Has anyone paid attention to the number of foreign currency ETF's that have sprung up in the last year? Do you know why they have sprung up? Because investment advisers everywhere have been advocating Asian, Canadian, and European currency. Consequently, someone is going to capitalize on the demand.
Why is it that Ron Paul is the only one that can ask, "how do you intend to curb inflation with more inflation"?
Ron Paul is really resonating with me. For a country whose government derives it's power from the governed it seems like that power is no longer REGULATED or KEPT IN CHECK by the people. Where are the poeple? Where are the throngs? Where are the charismatic heroes?
When will we thirst for freedom enough? Hopefully before he rivers run dry. Hopefully before hope is lost.
I'm not convinced that Ron Pual has a chance to become the next president for a few reasons. I'm not convinced that Americans are mad enough. I'm not convinced that enough people care or realize what is now happening. I am not convinced enough people are unsatisfied with the status quo. I'm not convinced enough people remember where we came from, or can envision where we are going. I'm not convinced that the fleecing of the American people has become criminal enough for honest men and women to be offended. Outrage is not ripe, and the time for real change has not reached critical mass. Personally I believe Americans know they have it good, and they don't really believe anyone can take it away from them. I think they are wrong. I think we are the subjects of unchecked power, and the victims of a lust for power. There is an ever growing arrogance among the ruling elite. Their sense of duty has been replaced by self righteousness.
I recently read an article about money and campaigns. This article described the science of being elected, and how the amount of money spent is in direct correlation with the odds of winning, I almost threw in the towel.
Ron Paul has made me realize their may be "Hope for America", but he has not convinced me that enough people love freedom the way he does. When the flag symbolizes freedom again, and I see it flying ubiquitous down the streets of America, when God is not a bad word, when the streets are lined with the little man, and when intelligent people can open their eyes to trickery, then we will know hope, love and freedom have been invited to return.

3 Comments:

At Friday, 09 November, 2007, Blogger Pedregal said...

I donated $600.00 to the Ron Paul campaign on November 5th. I will most likely continue donating every month. But, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm afraid that you are spot on. Not that Ron Paul isn't the very best candidate, but that the mass majority of people simple haven't a clue. They will vote for freedom as long as their pet programs are left intact. The thing is, they may think they have it good, but all of that will change very soon, whether they like it or not. The dollar is heading for a crash in a big way. Most likely causing a total economic collapse. There is NO money left. The country is totally broke and running on fumes. The Chinese or the world will not be be financing Bush's wars anymore. I can hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth now. R.I.P America, hello New World Order. Screw all of you sheeple. I'm moving to Belize.

 
At Friday, 09 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as the people that do "get it" regarding the current state of our country continue to rationalize why Ron Paul can’t win, he wont.
Not until we are brave enough to say "I don’t care what you anyone says, I must vote for the right candidate."
Country before party.
Throw my vote away?
That is the best piece of propaganda every sold. A vote cast is never a wasted vote. I will vote for Ron Paul for President - like I did last time. If enough people like me didn’t "waste" our votes in '88, Ron Paul may not have considered running this time.
Here I go again wasting my vote. NOT!

 
At Friday, 09 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as the people that do "get it" regarding the current state of our country continue to rationalize why Ron Paul can’t win, he wont.
Not until we are brave enough to say "I don’t care what you anyone says, I must vote for the right candidate."
Country before party.
Throw my vote away?
That is the best piece of propaganda every sold. A vote cast is never a wasted vote. I will vote for Ron Paul for President - like I did last time. If enough people like me didn’t "waste" our votes in '88, Ron Paul may not have considered running this time.
Here I go again wasting my vote. NOT!
RXN3ST1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home