11 May 2007

HEART OF STEEL

I don’t claim to be a doctor man I don’t
claim to be real smart
I don’t claim to have all the answers but I know that
you can find them in your heart

It’s hard to tell the truth sometimes when your
scared of what the truth can do
It’s hard to find the answer to your tears when you
try to find the best excuse

growin up ain’t easy when your
cards are dealt face down
and never knowing what tomorrow brings makes to-
day an anxious frown

Its easy followin your parents lead into a
prison of your own devise But its a
sunny mountain miracle if you just
open up your eyes

so when ya look into the mirror for me don’t ya
tell no lies
and when ya walk out your door take off that
ulgy disguise

Cause I can’t believe
and I couldn’t conceive
what it must feel like to hate yourself
in a state of grief
no I can’t conceive
and I can’t believe
how you would ever be a happy man without
bein relieved

Know yourself and
find you a God
search every corner of that saddened soul and
show the world what you got

there’s couple things I learned from a
couple people I love
one day when your feelin down they might
just bring you up

I got in a little trouble one day
and I was gettin a pretty good slappin my uncle said
“Boy if you’d do good things
good things would happen
Son the world ain’t exactly fair
but if ya try to live by a code of honor
you won’t get caught in a snare”

Another time I was sad and cryin
My grandma came and sat down
she said
“There’s always someone else out there’s
gotta a bigger frown,
It ain’t that your problems don’t hurt
just don’t forget there’s somebody else feels a
little closer to dirt”

And then Jesus started to sing
“I can’t believe
and couldn’t conceive
that by doin what’s right
you won’t be relieved
and I can’t conceive
and couldn’t believe
that you got somethin stuck in your heart
I ain’t got in me”

You might not live on easy street you might just
have it real rough
But when they try to back you down you gotta
show those clowns you’re tough

Don’t give in
never lie to yourself and
don’t be afraid to
ask a friend for help

I don’t claim to be a doctor man but I
know one things for real
these are the things that I’ve learned through my struggles and
I got a heart of steel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home